Last Updated: January 16, 2017
Brands, public figures and other entities (such as an organization or a place) may establish a Verified Account with JET to provide age-appropriate content to the general users of JET. The general user of JET includes minor children aged less than 13 years old. Verified Accounts are responsible for the content they post to JET.
Applicable Policies and Requirements: JET is committed to providing you a Verified Account for the dissemination of content while maintaining fair and consistent policies that benefit JET’s users and content providers.
- It is expected that content provided by the Verified Account be related to the brand, public figure or entity that established the Verified Account.
- A Verified Account for a brand, public figure and entity may be administered only by one or more authorized representatives of that brand, public figure and entity.
- JET’s application of these policies may be applied at JET’s sole discretion based on the text, imagery or other elements in your content. JET reserves the right to reject or approve any content, and to suspend or disable any Verified Account for violation of JET’s policies. JET reserves the right to remove any content from JET that is considered inappropriate for the general user of JET.
- A JET user or the connected JET Parent user of a JET user under 13 years old may friend, unfriend or report a Verified Account at any time.
Requirements of a Verified Account’s Content:
- It is expected that content provided by the Verified Account be related to such brand, public figure or entity that established the Verified Account. No impersonation of a third party by a Verified Account with the intent to confuse JET’s users or to harm any third party will be tolerated.
- Content provided by the Verified Account must meet our Restrictions and Prohibited Content Guidelines, below.
- Content must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
- Destination and outbound links and URLs are disabled in JET. Content in JET will not be hyperlinked or clickable.
- Any link or URL must not direct a JET user to sites that would also have content that would be inappropriate for children under the age of 13 years old.
- Any link or URL must not direct a JET user to a phishing link, malware, or other code that would be considered harmful to a JET user.
- Any link or URL must not connect a JET user to a site that invites or deceives the JET user to provide personal information without their parent’s authorization in a manner inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Restrictions and Prohibited Content Guidelines:
- No Advertising: Content that constitutes advertising or promotion for the marketing, sale or purchase of products or services is prohibited on JET. Content cannot be disguised to promote any product or service. Images, text or sounds that may capture or incorporate a product or service must be incidental to the content.
- No Paid Promotion: Paid promotion, such as product placements, endorsements, and influencer content, is not allowed on JET. Product placements may be described as having content created for a third party in exchange for compensation or other value or incentive, and/or where that third party’s brand, message, or product is included as part of the content. Endorsements may be described as having content created for or by an advertiser or marketer that contain a message that consumers are likely to believe reflects the opinions, beliefs, or experiences of the content creator or the endorser. Influencer content may be described as having content created by you or on your behalf that contains product placements and/or endorsements.
- Inappropriate Content: Content that features or promotes any of the following is strictly prohibited:
- Adult and Sexually Suggestive Content: Sexual, pornographic and mature content that is intended for adult audiences and not suitable for users under the age of 13 years old.
- Age-Sensitive Media Content: Media content that is sensitive or inappropriate to show to users under the age of 13 years old is prohibited.
- Personal Care and Fitness Content: While content that promotes good hygiene, fitness and a healthy, active lifestyle is encouraged, such content may not advertise products or services, or be about weight-loss regimens and dieting, dietary supplements, performance enhancers or herbal supplements.
- Contests and Games: Contests, lotteries, sweepstakes promotions, games of skill, games of chance, gambling, pyramid schemes, “get rich quick” schemes, even if entry or participation is free.
- Criminal and Violent Content: Criminal, violent and graphic content that is intended for adult audiences and not suitable for users under the age of 13 years old.
- Dangerous Content: Content that is dangerous, promotes risk-taking behaviors and is otherwise inappropriate for users under the age of 13 years old or is the type of content that generally requires adult supervision.
- Discriminatory and Hateful Content: Content that promotes or condones discriminatory, hateful or violent intent against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, nationality, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or content with the primary purpose of inciting discrimination, hatred or violence based on these characteristics.
- Family and Relationship Content: Dating and relationship advice, matchmaking and online dating advice, and family, marital or divorce counseling and related content is prohibited.
- Food and Beverage Products: While content that promotes good nutrition and healthful recipes and food preparation techniques is encouraged, content that features consumable food and drink products is prohibited, regardless of nutritional content or value.
- Illegal or Regulated Products and Substances: Products and substances that are regulated or illegal to advertise to children are prohibited, including but not limited to the following:
- cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaping, smoking, smokeless tobacco, cigars and similar behaviors;
- alcohol, alcohol consumption, drunkenness, intoxication and similar behaviors;
- pharmaceuticals and regulated substances and resulting behaviors;
- illegal drugs, recreational drugs and paraphernalia for their use.
- Online Communities and Services: Platforms and services related to online communities or ‘virtual worlds’ in which members interact primarily on the internet and require users under 13 years old to provide personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) is prohibited.
- Political Advertisement and Content: Political advertising and content of any kind are prohibited, including information about political candidates or their policy positions, political parties, fundraising or political action committees or their agendas.
- Religious Advertisement and Content: Religious advertising and content of any kind are prohibited.
- Video Game-related Content: Video game content, video and imagery (and related accessories) playable on a game console, a computer, a cell phone or a tablet are prohibited if the industry rating of the game would not be suitable for audiences under 13 years old. For example, “E for Everyone” by ESRB guidelines, or any equivalent industry rating, would be allowed content.
- Reports to Verified Accounts.
- Real-time information on the total number of friends, total number of Verified Account posts, per-post likes, shares and views is available to a Verified Account.
- JET may provide its Verified Accounts activity reports that include demographic information combined with activity information. Demographic information includes user gender, age and zip code. Activity information includes likes, shares, and follows by users who interact with Verified Account content, including highest and lowest performing posts.
- Reports to Third Parties to JET. JET may provide general information to potential content providers related to performance of Verified Accounts as necessary for JET’s regular operation of its services, including promotion of JET to third parties. JET will not provide such information to a competitor or adversary of a Verified Account.
Amended Terms for Verified Accounts for Federal, State and Local Government Entities of the United States. If the Verified Account is a federal, state or local government, government agency or other government entity of the United States providing content related to its official capacity (“Official Use”), the following terms apply solely to such use and all other terms remain in effect:
- If the Verified Account is the federal government or a federal government agency in the United States, any terms relating to indemnification do not apply except to the extent expressly authorized by federal law.
- If you, the Verified Account, are a state or local government, or a state or local government agency in the United States, any terms relating to indemnification will apply only to the extent permitted by the laws of the jurisdiction of the government or government agency.
- No Endorsement: For government and government agencies and other government entities, JET will not use the Verified Account’s name, seals, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and the fact that the Verified Account’s presence on JET to state or imply an endorsement of JET. JET may use your name, seals, trademarks, services marks, trade names, and the fact that the Verified Account has a presence on JET as necessary for JET’s regular operation of its services, including promotion of JET to third parties.